Saturday, August 30, 2014

Vegan MoFo 2014: Entertaining Me


I'm very excited to participate in the eighth annual Vegan MoFo! Last year was my first time participating and I really enjoyed it. I had a huge stack of cookbooks back then and vowed to blog a recipe from each. I made it through most of them and learned a very important lesson - I don't need that many cookbooks! When I moved this summer, I cut my list down from 24 to 14, which is probably still too many, but much more reasonable. The culled version (minus VCTOTW which I loaned to my sister, plus cat):

But that's old news. On to 2014: I have a lot of cooking and entertaining stuff. The reality is that I rarely cook, and even more rarely entertain. When I do eat at home, it's usually a bowl of cereal as I walk around getting ready for work or a sandwich standing over the sink. NOT THIS MONTH! To combat my feral tendencies, I decided my 2014 Vegan MoFo theme would be "Entertaining Me." Every day, I plan to set the table, sit down, and eat a meal that I prepared. I might have guests a few times, but the point is to remind myself that dining alone doesn't mean a carton of ice cream in front of the TV.

Wish me luck! And good luck to all the other bloggers participating this year. I can't wait to see all the clever, delicious posts they come up with!

1 comment:

  1. Metro Detroit native here, looking forward to your MoFo posts!

    ReplyDelete