Wednesday, December 31, 2014

NYE TV dinner

I envy people whose jobs shut down over the holidays. In corporate accounting, New Years Eve is always a frenzy of trying to get last minute things done before the books close for the year. Tonight was no exception, plus it was bitterly cold outside. When I finally got home, all I wanted to do was put on a bazillion layers of pajamas and watch Netflix. But alas, I'd made plans join 20,000 people to watch the "D Drop" OUTSIDE. Fortunately, it's only a few blocks from my apartment. Looks fun in theory:
photo from Detroit Unspun

To compromise with my whiny, introverted self, I made the most processed, bland, delicious meal ever: Gardein Turk'y Cutlets, Edward & Sons Chreesy instant mashed potatoes and canned peas:

This was the first time I'd made the turkey cutlets and they were pretty solid. The outside was really crispy and I liked the gravy. I think the taste and texture were a little off, but it's been a decade since I ate turkey, so I didn't mind. The potatoes were a drunk impulse buy. I don't think I've ever eaten instant mashed potatoes before, but these were pretty good. Maybe a little gummy, but the taste was solid. And I love canned peas. Now that I'm fed and warm, I suppose it's time to join the masses and welcome in a new year that will hopefully be even better (and more delicious!) than this one. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment