Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hoarder Alert: October Small Craft

In my opinion, one of the coolest things in metro Detroit is Small Craft, a group that puts together a (roughly monthly) skill share social crafting event. They also put on Craft-A-Way Camp, which I was fortunate enough to attend this summer. It was honestly one of the most fun experiences of my life: a weekend of crafting and drinking and vegan food in the woods. I can't think of a better combination of activities.

In addition to being awesome and fun, the October Skill Share had a fill-a-bag for $2 of craft supplies that had been donated/accumulated over the years. Even though I don't need ANY more fabric or craft supplies, the temptation was too strong. I borrowed $2 from my sister (because I intentionally didn't bring cash to avoid buying anything) and filled up a bag with fabric, beads, and sewing notions. Here's my haul, along with the paper skeleton I made.

Their next event is a second anniversary party next month. If you're able to attend, I strongly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment