Thursday, September 18, 2014

MoFo Day 18: BBQ Chicken Pizza (finally)

Years ago, I read a post (on Vegansaurus, I think, but I can't find it now) about all the great things about being vegan. It covered the basics (animals, environment, health), but also some of the unexpected life aspects. One point that struck me was the joy of finding vegan things and that "grocery shopping becomes a treasure hunt". To me, eating in general is a treasure hunt. Sure, sometimes that means finding a lot of empty treasure chests, but other times what you find was more than worth the trek.

As I've mentioned, my vacation food this week has been less than stellar, but that all changed tonight. A last minute change in plans led to a night in Flagstaff, Arizona. I checked Happy Cow and found Picazzo's Organic Italian Kitchen was a ten minute walk from my hotel. When I saw they had Daiya AND Beyond Meat chicken strips, in the form of a vegan BBQ chicken pizza, I was sold.

These phone pics don't even being to convey how beautiful and delicious this pizza was. It looks like Picazzo's has locations throughout Arizona. It was a bit pricey, but worth every penny.


1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Isn't it so wonderful to find good vegan food after having not so great food for a while?

    ReplyDelete