Monday, September 29, 2014

MoFo Day 29: Pumpkin mac

When I initially chose my MoFo theme this year, I was intending to have guests and cook for them much more often than actually happened. Realizing that, I invited my parents and sister over for dinner last night. I took zero pictures, but I did learn an important lesson - I need more entertaining practice, because having people over AND cooking is stressful!

I decided to make the Pumpkin Baked Ziti from Veganomicon because it's one of my favorite foods ever, it's omni-friendly, and can be prepared in advance. But instead of preparing it Sunday morning as planned, I went on an (awesome) kayak tour of the canals along the Detroit River, so I was scrambling to get it done as my family arrived. Regardless, it turned out amazing and all the omnis cleaned their plates. Seriously, if you haven't made this yet, do it! It's like macaroni and cheese, but 100 times better. And don't be worried about the huge pan it makes. You'll want to eat it all. I did ration a bit out for lunch today and it was just as good reheated. 



2 comments:

  1. Wow! The kayak tour sounds really cool! I didn't even know such a thing existed. This Pumpkin Baked Ziti looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks really good! i have been thinking of making a pumpkin mac this weekend!

    ReplyDelete